Monday, August 25, 2008

Nobody trips over mountains

It's the small pebbles that cause you to stumble.

Well, I'm one week into this new chapter of my life, new place to live, new school, new city, finding new friends, new job. It is so overwhelming and I am having a really hard time adjusting, especially without my sweetie to come home and cry to after a rough day.


But I have thought about this decision over and over again for the last half year and I know it is the right thing to do in the long run. Cut myself off from a job that consumes me and holds me back because I don't have a degree, change schools to be away from the distractions and to put myself in an environment that I will enjoy, force myself to meet new friends and have a support system...

It's so hard to see this is a step forward through the day to day difficulties.

More to come, I have a lot of new challenges but I have to focus on school. After all, this is my second chance to get it right and start with a clean slate.

No comments: